Monday, June 02, 2008

Can I Talk About God and Still Be Relational?


This might not even be a question in most of your minds but it is in mine because of conversations that I have had with my wife and those close to me. On my blog, I write mostly about God: his character, his promises in Scripture, his working in my own life, his working in the world. In doing this am I actually being relational to other people or am I just being narcissistic and thinking only of my own personal bubble-relationship with God?

Well, because I'm human, I'm probably doing both. My intention, however, is to not just relate to those who read this blog and tell them about my life but also (and more importantly) bring up the fact that God is involved in every little detail of our lives whether we recognize it or not and we need to wrestle with that! 

...and ultimately, that's what I'm most passionate about talking about and writing about. I'm convinced that the most relational thing that we can do is relate to God first and foremost. This needs to be the center and foundation to all our relationships. The horizontal then follows from that. It's exactly as the greatest commandment words it:

"You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself."

It's in conversations and minute by minute living where I see a huge amount of neglecting God... My hope is to acknowledge God and live in Him and trust in Him "minutely"... even on my blog!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi bros. I'm actually into shoes and I was looking for that meticulous make. The prices as regards the boots are approximately 230 pounds on every page. But finally I set this location selling them as a remedy for half price. I exceptionally love these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will definetly buy them. what do you think?