Sunday, May 04, 2008

The Ocean and Baptism

This past week has truly been an incredible one! Tara and I were priviledged with a two day stay at the coast... And where we stayed was truly breathtaking! Each morning I had to pinch myself when I saw the incredible beauty of the ocean right outside our window!

God's invisible attributes are clearly seen in creation... I don't know how someone can look at the beauty of what He has made and say "There is no God!"... Having that time at the coast was such a breath of fresh air... and it was needed, badly needed!

Well, along with the theme of water, this Sunday was the first time that I had baptized someone... in fact, TWO  of our Junior High students... Seeing these two kids publicly profess their faith in Jesus Christ was a providential encouragement to me... Sometimes in youth ministry, it is hard to see the fruit of your work, but of course, it is God who saves and it is God who grows, not me... 

This has truly been a week of cleansing and washing and renewal from beginning to end... Another week of experiencing God's indescribable grace!

1 comment:

Tara said...

I LOOOOOOOOOVE YOU SWEETIE!
IT WAS AN INCREDIBLE WEEK!