Saturday, December 22, 2007

When our bodies are weak...

"The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak."
Matthew 26:41

It has been my experience time and time again that when I desperately need to seek after God and spend time in His Word and spend time with Him in prayer I find myself physically tested and tempted to go the other direction and turn my brain off. 

Jesus said these words when his disciples fell asleep while Jesus was praying. They were supposed to keep watch and stay awake. They were supposed to keep an attentive ear and eye to Jesus. What happened? They got tired. They fell asleep. I am the same way too many times... how about you?

Father, help us in our times of tiredness and weakness! Father, change the desires of our hearts so that we want you and your wisdom and your relationship more than any other thing in this world - and may that be ever more evident when we are tempted to sleep or "veg" or "turn our brains off" instead of seeking you!

No comments: